Nashville Crawl Space Waterproofing
Crawl Space Waterproofing prevents water from seeping into your basement and causing damage.
Crawl Space Waterproofing Nashville, TN
Waterproof Your Crawl Space
Proper Drainage and Sealing Will Keep Moisture Out Of Your Crawl Space
Combined with our other services, sealing the foundation wall can help keep humidity levels low and add an extra layer of protection from water intrusion.
Here are 3 Reasons Why You Need To Waterproof Your Crawl Space in Nashville, TN:
- Wood Rot and Fungus. Water seepage in your crawl space will damage the wood causing it to dry and become brittle which will cause structural issues to your home.
- Pests. Pests like mice, rats, termites, carpenter ants, roaches, wood-eating organisms, and more are attracted to moist areas.
- Mold. A crawlspace provides air flow throughout the home. When mold spores are present, they are being circulated in your home.
Crawl Space Moisture
Causes of Water In Your Crawl Space
A wet crawl space can cause water damage that is both structural and cosmetic. It is important to act quickly when you notice a wet crawl space to prevent larger damage.
Leaking Vent Wells
Most crawl spaces have vents recessed into them to create circulation. However, if humidity is prolonged or if water is able to seep in, you will have to deal with the aftermath. If you keep a close eye on your crawl space, you can act before the problem gets out of hand. Having your crawl space vents repaired and functioning properly, you may prevent any mold damage.
Cracks or Gaps in the Crawl Space Foundation
As a house ages, it undergoes a process known as settling. This can cause cracks or damage to the foundation and it reduces the ability of your foundation to withstand water. If water begins to seep into your crawl space, it all but assures you will have issues with mold and even warping of your wood.
Water has to drain away from your home to keep your basement dry. Blocked gutters, and even landscaping, will cause water to pool around your foundation. That is what causes cracks or worn-out waterproofing to let water into your basement.
Nashville Crawl Space Waterproof Solutions
Keep moisture out of the Crawl Space.
Seal the foundation wall to help keep humidity levels low, adding an extra layer of protection from water intrusion. Combined with our other stormwater removal and drainage services, our team of experts:
- Provide Effective Drainage Around the House
- Maintain Outside Gutters
- Ground Sloping Away From The Foundation
- Stop or Prevent Hydrostatic Pressure
- Fix Cracks In Basement or Crawl Space Walls and/or Floors
- Install Internal Drainage Systems – Sump Pumps